e premte, 16 mars 2007

St. Patrick's Day

I was reading the blog monastic rumblings (see the link under blogs I read)
and found the meaning of St. Patrick's Day. It shines a whole new light on my celebration of it tomorrow-check it out if you want to know more about St.Patrick's Day.

I also found there-this wonderful LENTEN DISCIPLINE which I am going to read aloud to myself daily in hopes of Remembering it/living it.

Fast from judging others;
Feast on Christ dwelling in them.
Fast from fear of illness;
Feast on the healing power of God.
Fast from words that pollute
Feast on speech that purifies.
Fast from discontent;
Feast on gratitude.
Fast from anger;
Feast on patience.
Fast from pessimism;
Feast on optimism.
Fast from negatives;
Feast on alternatives.
Fast from bitterness;
Feast on forgiveness.
Fast from self-concern;
Feast on compassion.
Fast from suspicion;
Feast on truth.
Fast from gossip;
Feast on purposeful silence.
Fast from problems that overwhelm;
Feast on prayer that sustains.
Fast from worry;
Feast on faith.
--from The Anglican Digest

1 koment:

Catherine tha...

What a great piece for Lent. Thank you.